Roulette is a one of the top casino classics along with blackjack and baccarat. The game is very popular in land based as well as online casinos and is played regularly by UK players. On the Internet it has several variations such as European, American and French Roulette, Multiplayer Roulette, Mini Wheel Roulette etc. The most frequently played variant among UK players is European Roulette mainly because it has the lowest house edge of 2.7%.
UK-friendly casinos that offer this casino game of chance also feature roulette casino bonus offers so that UK players can try out the game with little or no risk of their own money. However, not all roulette variants can be played with bonus money and the game usually contributes a small percentage towards meeting the wagering restrictions.
Best UK Roulette Casino Bonuses
- Bonus Types
- HHigh Roller
- FFree Play
- NNo Deposit
- CCash Back
- PPost Wager
Types of Roulette Bonuses
The following are the most common types of roulette bonuses available at UK casinos:
- No deposit bonuses. A no deposit roulette bonus is given only to new players and it usually ranges between AU$5 and AU$50. Compared to the other bonus types this bonus often has higher wagering requirements.
- Free play bonuses. These bonuses are also given to new players, especially at casinos powered by Microgaming. They often last for about an hour and with the bonus money you can play almost all casino games including roulette. However, the winnings from the bonus are subject to wagering requirements.
- Match bonuses. The majority of UK casinos offer match bonuses to both new and regular players. They are usually percentage bonuses and match the deposits of players. Roulette can be played with these bonuses, but different rules apply for the game. Two examples of roulette match bonuses are explained below.
Roulette Bonus Rules
To explain the roulette bonus rules, let's consider the match bonuses available at UK casinos 21Prive and Go Wild. The former casino offers the following welcome match bonus package:
- An unlimited 100% match bonus up to infinity on your initial deposit
- A 25% bonus up to £500 on your second deposit
- A 50% match bonus up to £500 on your third deposit
- The minimum deposit amount to qualify for the bonuses is £20
With this bonus you can play various types of games. Firstly, you wager with your deposited cash. When there is no real cash available, you will start wagering with bonus money. However, not all games can be played with bonus money in the process of meeting the wagering requirements. The following are the specific bonus rollover rules:
- Roulette and other table games cannot be played with bonus money; only cash wagers apply for these games;
- Cash only wagers also apply for poker games, virtual, Winners Wheel, Six Ball, Super Hi Lo and Hi Lo Money Spinner;
- Slots, fun games, scratch cards and ball games can be played with money and the wagering is 35 times;
- Certain slots such as Blood Suckers and Big Bad Wolf have 175x bonus wagering.
Go Wild Casino, on the other hand, offers €500 in new player welcome bonuses and gives 2,500 loyalty points. In particular, new players can get a 100% bonus on their first deposit and a 50% match bonus on their second and their deposit of up to €150. This is how the offer works:
- Register an account and make a min deposit of €20
- You will get 500 loyalty points simply for registering an account
- Go to the Special Offer tab and choose your bonus offer
- The bonus money will be immediately credited
Just like all bonuses, this bonus also has wagering requirements i.e. it has to be turned over 40 times before any withdrawal request is made. Roulette can be played with this bonus and it counts towards the wagering, but only a small percentage. The following is the wagering contribution:
- American Roulette contributes 5% towards the wagering requirements. Other variants such as Roulette Royale, Multiplayer Roulette and all other types are not permitted for wagering purposes;
- Classic and video slots, scratch cards and Keno count 100%;
- Other games that count 5% are certain table poker games, video poker and blackjack.
- If you try to wager on non-permitted games, your winnings and bonus will be void.
Some UK online casinos offer pretty generous roulette casino bonuses with good wagering requirements. However, players should have in mind that the game often counts a small percentage towards the wagering and that not all roulette variants can be played with a bonus. Nevertheless, it is always advisable to compare different types of roulette bonuses, especially their rollover requirements, and find the most generous one.